Monday, August 15, 2011

Piggy Pigs :)

Since I was a little girl, I always wanted a dog. I've thought pugs were absolutely adorable. But my dad's criteria for a dog was it had to be big and intimidating. And it couldn't poop. Hypoallergic would help too. But it was kind of hard to find a dog like that. So I ended up getting guinea pigs. I've had three piggies in the past, and two current ones. There was Rocky and Dutchy. Dutchy only lasted a week (stupid Petco >.<) so we got Rex. Oh, my pumpin piggy. He lived with us for 8 or so years. He was a lazy grey and white pig. Well, partially lazy. He would never quite relax. But once we put him on the ground in our kitchen, wrapped him up in a towel while we ate dinner, then accidentally left him there for hours when we went out. It wasn't just being wrapped up in a towel. Once I had him out in the middle of the lawn as I was screaming and running after a guinea pig I was babysitting who was attempting to escape. Rexy is gone now, but I named a boat after him :).

So now I have two sister pigs that I got from school. Luna and Suma are so silly. Luna was named after the fact that she was crazy when I first got her. She's mellowed o ut now. Quite a lot, actually. She is rather shy and scared piggy now. And a biter. Oww =(. Suma was named by the fact that she was really strong. Like, uncannily strong for a baby guinea pig. Since she was a girl, couldn't quite name her Sumo xD. She is definitely the leader pig. She is very curious and looking around with her head always up, sniffing the air. And she's really learn g her way around our house. I can put her down in the living room and she'll get herself back in the den where her house is. Luna is not so directionally inclined, so I always have to tell Suma to bring her sister home :). Though they are quite the oppisite of our Rexy tey are quite active and love running around but will still lay down when they get tired, even on our laps! We all love 'em =D

No comments:

Post a Comment