Thursday, June 28, 2012

Orientation: Day 3

So right now it's one in the morning bu my roommate is down the hall. Now, I'd go to sleep, but I can't for a couple reasons. One, I have to write this for all the lovely people who care so much to read this. For those keeping up with me, I'm writing my last one tomorrow then I'll probably be distracted by my ever so busy life...heh, right. But tomorrow is the last day of orientation and I actually get to go home. I'm kinda excited, kinda sad, you know? So this morning was pretty flustered. A couple times yesterday my roommate left the room a couple times to get ready for bed and stuff. She'd just leave her key in the room and keep the door slightly opened so she could get back in. So I figured I'd try it this morning, right? I was just gonna brush my teeth. I come back from brushing my teeth and the door is completely closed. I pull on the handle a bit, thinking maybe that would somehow help. I knocked on the door a few times and stood around awkwardly outside my door holding my toothbrush and toothpaste. One of the twins noticed my odd behavior and told me they had seen her go down to breakfast. So they let me leave my toothbrush in their room. I went down to the dining hall. A couple orientation leaders (OL) said hi to me which was cool and then one of them is like, "Hannah, do you have your name tag? You need that to get into breakfast." the name tag is attached to my key, or more of vice versa, so I explained situation quick and they're like, oh okayy. So I get down to the cafeteria (a miracle, I was horribly lost for a couple minutes) and get my roommates key. But she only gives me the key, so when I get to the dorm, I realize I can't swipe myself in. I didn't have my phone and I didn't have anyone's number anyways so I was stuck. I hung out like a creeper until someone came out. I was lucky because I knew the person who came out. Copeland Taft. He's related to President Taft so hes automatically cool. Taft is my favorite president because he was fat and funny. On a very political person, clearly. He swiped me in and I got into my room! So happy! Went down to breakfast and sat with Karen and a bunch of other people at breakfast. They all stayed my buddies for the day. Like Meredith and Eric. We had a few lectures, a tour, small group random games. During the tour, they were discussing why we can't swim with the seals. Kay, those things might look cute from 20 feet up, but they are aggressive, people! We also split up into majors for the first time. This school is mostly girls, and there was a total of one guy in the marine group this orientation session. His name is Peter, but I keep wanting to call him Ben. He looks like a Ben. I told him so, because I was feeling oddly bold. The OLs put on a couple sketches about college issues (they have a thing here called Friday Night Live. This wasn't it, but still cool). They were really funny. Then we had a party thing!! I met up with JoLonna (I got her number, I'm getting Karen's tomorrow) and Karen. We played/watched people play Nuke 'Em, which is like volleyball, but instead you throw the ball over the net. If the person catches it on the other side, they just throw it back. If it touches them or lands near them, they are out. It's pretty fun, we should play it back home. It's best with lots of people. Copeland is a beast at it. I'm not...you need to have the dedication to dive. Then, a girl sat next to me on the sidelines and we started talking. We both realized we were marine bio majors. So we hung out for the rest of the night. There was a dance going on and earlier in the night, Karen and JoLonna and JoLonna's roommate Kylie (she spells it different, but I can not remember how) all ran in to "wobble" which is, like, the UNE orientation dance. Everyone knows how to do it. I don usually dance though unless I'm with people I'm completely comfortable with so I just stood awkwardly on the side of the room. Then this OL comes over to me and introduces himself. Zack. People call him by his last name Loki. I already knew that. He tried to get me to dance!! He's like, it's fun and I'm sure you can do it. And I'm like, yeah, I'm sure I can. But I don't want to. So he said something like, "We're gonna dance later and walked away. At that pint, I left the room. I wasn't interested into being forced to dance. So back to Marine Bio girl. Sam. She actually got me dancing. I tried the wobble and I was pretty awful. It that's okay. Loki saw me and he yelled something to me and I stopped dancing. Stupid Loki made me feel awkward. Anyways, I wasn't going to sleep because they were telling us ghost stories about the dorms. Avila, 4th floor, specifically room 406 is haunted. This girl was raped and murdered by her boyfriend in the bathroom. That gives me the creeps. There was also other scary stuff. I'm gonna have fun sleeping. So I apologize for atrocious spelling and grammar and storytelling. It's impossible to type on this thing for the blog. There are stars on our ceiling. How long have they been there? Kay, she's back. It's sleep time!

No comments:

Post a Comment