Monday, August 27, 2012

Second!

I'm not gonna write in this everyday.  I have come to find that is horribly impossible.  I have a life.  I guess.  I have a life sometimes.  It just happens to be late at night.

So should I explain last night?  So I was happily typing away on this blog, like a good little Hannah.  Probably talking to myself, making some noise.  You know, the sort.  I thought my roommate was out.  Turns out, she was not.  She was sleeping that whole time.  I only noticed when I heard her shift in bed.  I was so embarrassed!  I immediately turned the computer off, because I felt horrible for keeping her up.  I had the light on and everything.  So I stumbled blindly in the dark up onto my desk (I have a top bunk like a boss) and knocked over the Pringles.  I was freaking out so much it was what I dreamed about.  Trying to explain myself to her and apologize.  I wake up in the morning, mention it to her, and she says she's a heavy sleeper.  Just like Gavin.  Makes me feel at home, ya know?  That really taught me not to worry.  I learn that lesson maybe a bit too much.

So, urm, where was I?  Once again, it is 12:30.  I'm not going to bed because I feel like I should fill you in and the neighbors are being noisy.  That was expected, though.  I never took them for a quiet bunch.  Its been two days.  So far I am a good judge of character.  I'm going to be much less detailed than yesterday, because I would like to sleep eventually.  Unlike at home when I go to bed at 12:30 and wake up at 11, I have to wake up before 8:30 if I hope to shower and get some breakfast.  Though I think tomorrow I'll have cereal and sleep in a little bit.  I don't really know who to go to breakfast with yet.  I shall keep my phone by my bed in case Karen wants to text me.  I dunno if she will.

I ended, like, in the morning yesterday, on my recounting of the day.  Not important.  I moved in, went to the opening night thingy.  I bounced from group to group these past two days.  Karen and her roommate Melissa.  We went to Walmart this morning.  I got some gummy bear fruit snacks.  They make me happy.  Went to the bookstore with JoLonna, was almost late for a floor meeting...  Oh, so at the bookstore, I bought these liquorice Altoids.  They smell delicious with a very sharp taste.  I'm forcing Alex to have one tomorrow.  She's stopping by hopefully!  Maybe I'll wake up for that.  Perhaps.

Hung out with Sam (fellow Marine Biologist) at dinner today.  There was a barbeque for the freshman.  I met her roommate and some other of her friends.  Don't expect me to remember their names.  I'll remember Chelsea.  What's funny is that I remembered her name and she didn't remember mine.  I think I may have just remembered her name because of this blog xD.  I talked for a while with my roommate in the room.  Saw Erik and Nate from Orientation.  And I hung out with my new friends!  Woot!!  Look at me, making new friends.  Making these were the crowning achievement of these two days so it will be described in some detail.

So I was sitting in my dorm room last night.  I had the door open (brought special doorstops for that) but my roommate was out and all the doors were closed near me.  I hung out at my computer for a bit, listening to the noise down the hall, when I decided maybe I should go hang out with the noisy people.  And I did it!  I left my room, walked down the hall, and went in.  I met them all and watched them talk for a little bit, then got into a card game and talked more openly with them.  They wave when we pass each other now and I went back to their room tonight to just to hang out.  I'm rather proud of myself, actually.

I'm kinda tired, did a lot of walking today and the neighbors shut up.  So night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment