Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Yay for Haunted Dorms!

I just watched a scary movie!  Excellent.  I feel great now.  Actually, no, I'm quite happy.  I enjoyed myself watching it.  I was with my buddies.  I'm kinda afraid that I'm a slight bother to them.  But its not like I make all that much noise.  I should just stop being paranoid.  I like them, I'm gonna hang out with them.  I'm only a partial member of their group because ya really miss a lot sitting down at the other end of the hall.  Plus, I have other people to hang out with and such.

So I'm a bit worried because an ambulance pulled up to my building and took someone from the first floor.  I texted Karen, but she hasn't answered me.  I really hope it wasn't her.  Its funny because of Papa John's car pulled up right next to the ambulance.  Someone was hungry!  And a bit insensitive...

So yeah! Today was the first day of classes.  I had four classes today.  It was slightly hectic.  I was only able to get back to my dorm after one of my classes and that was Chemistry.  I have a feeling I'm gonna like Chemistry.  Not only am I quite good at the subject, but the professor seems really fun.  He gives off the crazy old man vibe.  The most tricky commute is going to be traveling across campus in ten minutes.  Now that I know where the class is, I should be alright, but its still quite difficult.

I'm not feeling exceptionally creative tonight.  I don't feel like writing much.  Roommate is actually out.  I checked her bed, don't worry.  I'm not gonna have a rerun of the first night.  I don't know when she has classes tomorrow.  I could go look, but I don't feel like creepin' at her desk.  I have a three o'clock class, so guess who's sleeping in?! =D  That is the excitement of college.  Sleeping in.

Today, they had some reception for the people who got the Presidential Scholarship, aka me.  And other people, of course.  I really didn't want to go because I don't like going anywhere alone, especially if its across the street and through a tunnel or even anywhere I haven't been before.  But I was walking back from one of my classes and I heard some girls behind me talking about it.  I was so excited!  So I ended up going with them and Sam. Which is great.  I finally got Sam's number, so I can contact her when I need someone to chill with.  Or Karen.  Or JoLonna.  Look at me, racking up all these numbers?

The last required event of this Welcome Week was a motivational speaker type guy.  It was a presentation called 101 Things to Do Before You Graduate.  He suggested a lot of things, like go to class one day in a costume (that's not Halloween) or try something that you know you'll fail at.  I'm not entirely sure how these are supposed to make me feel good.  Anyway, the one that really stuck out to me is try to abstain from something that holds you back for thirty days.  He listed off a few things and one of them is shyness.  Now, I may not seem it from my blatant pouring out of feelings and thoughts on this blog, but I am really shy.  I've done pretty well talking to people, but sometimes I'll be with a group of people and I won't want to say something.  I got Jamie on Oovoo last night and I was afraid to speak because my roommate was in the room.  I'm not entirely sure if I think they'll charge at my throat for speaking or that I'm too afraid I'll bother them, but I just physically can't speak sometimes.  I have a fear of people not liking me, and unfortunately there are some people in this world who probably don't like me.  I personally can't face that fact.  To get to the point, maybe I'll try to stop being shy.  I need to reach out there and talk to people.  I found multiple people in a class of about 80 who loved me for who I am.  I was able to be my awkward, intelligent, blonde self and freak out about jellyfish and chat over a smelly fish tank filled with Long Island Sound fish about topics ranging from completely serious to absolutely ridiculous.  You would think in a school this size, 2500 people, I would find somebody.  I just have to wait.  And hope its who I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment